お誕生日おめでとう

[ Just A Little Pith of the Day ]

So, 20th.

Looking back
at all my 20 years of life
I could've written a 20-page or longer story.
My life has been so blessed yes...
And I thank God, my mom and dad here,
for taking part in bringing me to the world,
and raising me all these years.
They are the best parents for me.
And they are the reason why I even exist today.


March 2nd.
It's always been one of the most special days every year.
it came from a day that I expected the wishes,
looked forward to the gifts,
to a day that reminds me of how thankful I should be about life.
I have not really met any friends who share the same birthday,
but I am learning that it's not, only, MY day...

Life is humourous,
it connects us in a subtle way.

I don't know about the others but,
sharing the same or close birthday, for me,
is a big deal.

Unfortunately there isn't any adequate word in English
for "緣份" but, I do believe in this beautiful thing.
(maybe "fate" would do... but still not enough)
That's always been my principle,
to try to be thankful for anything and anyone
that comes into my life.


Well and this year,
as facebook is being abused, sort of,
and relied on,
I decided to hide my birthdate from yesterday onwards.
It doesn't really mean anything
when someone says "happy birthday" to you
just because it's listed somewhere on the page
and was seen by chance,
while they barely even talk to you.
But many many thanks
to those who still remember.


Another special impressive thing of the day,
was the play, "The Vagina Monologue".
Some of my friends were in the play,
and I appreciated their performance a lot.
It was not an easy or comfortable play to watch,
it was dirty, to a certain extent.
But if it's chewed
(in a way that it's supposed to be chewed, of course),
it opens up our narrow minds.

Aren't you amazed that how we are delicately made?
Aren't you shocked by how many people are suffering
in those many parts of the world?
I certainly am.
We are wonderfully made,
to appreciate ourselves in an appropriate way.
And we are refinedly made,
to be able to comprehend
such subtle differences between
those dirty jokes and the seriousness behind.

So shouldn't we just be brave to face it?
Anything created were meant to be beautiful,
why are they all ugly and filthy today...?



Anyway. Just a lil thought.
I talked to Mr. Tom Nelson today too, about religion.
Well over all
it was an interesting and thought-provoking day.
I'm glad. (But I think I gotta go to sleep now!)

I am starting my new decade of life.
They say it's gonna be the best part of life, and
I do look forward to it.

What's gonna happen to me next? We'll see.


Love,
Naomi


btw. ps. 你越是想要誠懇 其實越殘忍...
みんなさん、今日は有難う御座いました、お休みなさい!

0 comments:

Post a Comment