The grapes are sour anyway ?!

So what makes me fail to be admitted to that BFA program?
I guess I will never know.

And so, I'm admitted, instead, to the BA in Studio Art program.

"What's the difference, actually?" Everybody asks me.
Well basically, the BFA is a better Art Program, which concentrates more on Fine Arts. Those students in the BFA program are the creme de la creme, I believe. While I am only offered the BA in Art, and by that, it means, I suck, to a certain extent.
That's why I said I must have been too proud...

I don't necessarily have to think in this way because, it's just sour grapes, afterall... But at least, I would like to know what I lack and how I can do better. They say it's not be fair for me to know that so, it will just remain a secret, forever.

Anyway.
I do not mind going to the BA program. To exist in this world, you have to be competitive; Especially in art schools, I was told. And I knew it. I could imagine. I honestly do not care about competition, I hate it. I am never aggressive enough. So here I am offered a place where I think I would be more comfortable staying.

It's just the little wording thing that bugged me. Makes me wonder again how Tyler as a school really is like... For a lot of reasons Temple makes me feel much more friendly and comfortable. I actually already had such feeling during the trip.

The letter from Temple:
"...I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission to the Tyler BFA program at this time, based on the Tyler evaluation of your current portfolio. We have many more qualified applicants than spaces available, and admission is very competitive. However, I am pleased to offer you admission for Fall 2010 to the Tyler Bachelor of Arts degree in Studio Art..."

The letter from Tyler:
"...Unfortunately, the committe determined that based on your portfolio, you will not be accepted into the BFA program at Tyler. Because of the volume of transfer applicants, it is impossible to make detailed evaluations of each candidate's strengths and weaknesses. Also, we can not suggest a course of study that would enable you to better your portfolio for entrance into Tyler's BFA program..."

Well I... am just too fragile as a person, even the smoothest silk can hurt me.

I guess I should view it as grace, instead of bottling up the grudges.

It isn't even worth to be sad or mad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment